About the South Burnett Karate Association
The South Burnett Karate Association Inc. was formed to benefit its members who participate in Martial Arts within the South Burnett Region. We are a non-political, non-bias committee who’s only interest is to support its members, promote goodwill and fair play in the martial arts arena, offer a competition circuit for local Martial Art Schools/Clubs and promote health, fitness and happiness for all. Our objectives are as follows:
- Providing a unique curriculum for children and parents to support reinforcement of traditional family values, such as discipline and respect, which are important in every child’s educations and upbringing.
- To promote an “it’s more than exercise, it’s a way of life” outlook through health, fitness, mind-set improving physical, emotional and mental health through schools and the community abroad.
- To assist with funding for karate practitioners who wish to train and/or compete intrastate, interstate and overseas. Funding would assist in the areas of travel, entry fees, accommodation, and meal expenses.
- To provide equipment and a safe training environment for students of karate who wish to expand their skills.
- To assist in the promotion of goodwill, values and benefits of karate for people in the South Burnett looking for physical and mental development of all ages.
|President:||Mr Geoff French|
|Secretary:||Mrs Kelly Douglass|
|Treasurer:||Mrs Jolene French|
|AGM:||30th June of each calendar year|
|Voting Rights:||Refer SBKA Constitution|